Erik Hatcher wrote:

> "What if" games are mostly just guessing games in the high tech
> world.  Agility is the trait our projects need.  Software is just
> that... soft.  And malleable.  Sure, we can code ourselves into a
> corner, but generally we can code ourselves right back out of it
> too.  If software is built with decent separation of concerns, we can
> adapt to changes readily.

I completely agree, but you can't deny it's a valid concern.  I am
always thinking about the future and making sure my software is modular
and flexible so any part can easily be replaced.  So I would hope it's
as easy as just writing a new "driver" for a new system that you want to
replace with.

Anyway, you have all convinced me to give solr a whirl ... im
downloading it right now.

Andrew