On 11/27/06, Erik Hatcher <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> My ideal solution is WebDAV interface with commit hooks into Solr.
> With Subversion behind the scenes of the WebDAV interface, or an XML
> database, or file system or whatever. :)

I'd agree... the nice thing about the WebDAV interface is that is
works with all these backends!  Whether SVN, a native XML database, or
a file system... all have WebDAV interfaces.  I've been very
interested over the years watching Art (and Ross) experimenting with
WebDAV and catalog records.  Have there been any code4lib proposals
along these lines?  I'd vote for that.

Kevin