Hey Andrew,

Yes, I agree.  eXist is a very enticing database (despite being in its
infancy still).

Have you had a chance yet to evaluate the 1.1 development line?  It is
supposed to have solved the scaling issues.  I haven't tried it myself
(and remain skeptical that it can scale up to the level that we talk
about with Lucene (but, as you point out, it is trying to do more than
Lucene too)).

I'd be curious to hear if the 1.1 development line is any better than
the 1.0 line.  Or should I wait for your code4lib talk?  :-)

Kevin