The FRBR model indeed includes relationships to cover prequels, works
about this work, etc. Many others.

The FRBR model does not only include the relationships "This work
includes these expressions; this expression includes these
manifestations" etc. It also includes a variety of relationships between
one work and another; and between one expression/manifestation and
another (either of the same work or not).

I think these are in fact just as important as the
work->expression->manifestation structure that people are more focused on.

However, it must be said that these relationships especially are really
just an initial sketch, really just a suggestion. The exact
relationships that the current FRBR draft outlines are not neccesarily
the right ones. They need to be analyzed, they need to be tested. More
work needs to be done.  But that's not going to be done until people
realize this is a part of the FRBR model in the first place! That the
FRBR model is NOT just about work sets.

I highly recommend reading the actual FRBR report. It is in fact quite
readable and fairly easy to understand. Chapters 3 through 5 are where
the model that has become known as "FRBR" is specified. PDF and HTML
available here:
http://www.ifla.org/VII/s13/frbr/frbr.htm

Jonathan

--