Kristina,

I realize I'm not terribly objective on this matter, since I came up
with ReservesDirect, but I'd honestly be surprised if you found a
system more comprehensive and robust.

I don't know how easy it would be to sync with your III catalog, but I
sense it must be doable in some way.

Although I don't know what Emory's reserves process is anymore, when
ResDirect was first written, all circulating reserves were still done
in Unicorn's reserves module (it was just more efficient that way) --
we ran report a couple times per day that gave us the bib numbers of
the things on reserve and ReservesDirect would grab the full bib
record via Z39.50.  My guess is that would translate to any ILS with
Z39.50 support.  It was also capable of putting things on reserve
through the Unicorn API, but reserves staff didn't like it as much.

And that was convenient for the reserves staff and all, but the
fax2reserve feature was a real crowd pleaser with the faculty.  Same
with the Blackboard integration.  Well, and the fact that faculty can
edit their own reserves lists.

And it's seriously gotten much better since I left :)

It makes me look at Eres (which we pay for here at Tech -- and was the
inspiration for RD) and realize how pitiful it is.

-Ross.