Darla,

I'd not let being a school librarian stop you. Your perspective could be
a valuable addition to the meeting.

I've not been able to attend this conference but I think, from the
weblog, that it is for the more tech savvy. Not an introduction to the
topic, more hands-on. If you have been following the weblog and feel
comfortable with the posts and the sessions look interesting, go for it.
There is a very good group of folks involved. Georgia at the end of Feb.
would be a nice change from the winter in Alaska.

There is a good deal of overlap with the Canadian Access Conference.
Listen to the podcasts from that meeting. If they are interesting and
what you are looking for Code4lib should also be a good match.
http://www.access2006.uottawa.ca/?page_id=10

If you are looking for an introduction and overview, maybe Computers in
Libraries would be an option. I highly recommend the LITA National
Forums, but they happen in the Fall.

Sincerely,
David Bigwood
Lunar and Planetary Institute
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/library/whats_new.shtml

P.S. The 1 year anniversary of the LPI library podcast has just passed.