I find the whole thing hugely exciting. Congratulations on just doing
it, without getting a committee together to study it. :)

It seems to me that asking people to help FRBRize things on a system
with no other purpose isn't going to get a lot of traction. People
FRBRize on LibraryThing because it improves the system for their
books, and when you do it you get immediate changes to the data you
were looking at—all of a sudden you can reviews for ALL the editions
of X. Will people spend time typing in ISBNs and fiddling with the
FRBRization around it? I just don't buy it.

It seems to me this functionality should be embedded in other
applications—LibraryThing, for example, or WorldCat, or really any
library catalog. How about popping OpenFRBR data up whenever you're on
a page in Amazon, a la (and perhaps integrated with) LibX, etc.?

What are the plans to use existing data sets? I'm interested in
working something out, but LibraryThing's xISBN service has limits,
including non-commerciality, which the MIT license doesn't have. The
same is true for OCLC, who are actually trying to sell the service
commercially, so they have more to lose.

Tim