Dear Colleagues,

I am delighted to tell you of some important news that you may hear from the media this week. The U.Va. Library has formed a partnership with Google to digitize a significant part of our collections and add them to Google's Book Search product. We are the ninth research library to be invited to participate in this program, and will join Harvard, Oxford, the New York Public Library, the University of Michigan, and others in this exciting effort to make library collections easier to discover online.

Details of the partnership are available on our web site at: http://www.lib.virginia.edu/pressroom/uvagoogle.
You can also explore how Google Book Search works, see screen-shots, and read comments from the other partners here:
http://www.books.google.com

Karin Wittenborg
University Librarian
University of Virginia Library