Katherine Kott Assumes Interim Directorship of DLF

Dear DLF colleagues,

I am pleased to announce that Katherine Kott has agreed to serve as DLF Interim Executive Director effective November 27 as we continue the search process for a new Executive Director.  Katherine will also continue to direct DLF Aquifer during this period.  Katherine joined Aquifer in 2005, coming from Stanford University Libraries where she was Head of Cataloging and Metadata Services.  She brings to DLF her years of successful experience in library automation, library services, and project management.

Barrie Howard will take on more of the day-to-day management of the DLF office; his new title is DLF Programs Manager.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank David Seaman for his many, many excellent contributions to DLF and to our community during his accomplishment-filled tenure at DLF.  We wish him the very best in his exciting new position as Associate Librarian for Information Management at Dartmouth, and look forward to working with him in his new role.

My thanks to David, Katherine, and Barrie for this effort on our behalf.

Best regards,

Carol A. Mandel

Dean, Division of Libraries, New York University and President, DLF