On Dec 12, 2006, at 9:03 PM, Tom Keays wrote:

> Hi Bess,
>
> Put me down for this too. I hadn't made up my mind until I heard you
> and Eric and Art on Library Geeks. Lucene and Solr sound really
> excellent.
>
> I don't have a specific dataset that I'm working with; will there be
> one provided or should I dredge something up? I'm not a systems
> librarian (alas), but I have interest in finally getting up to speed
> on this. I hope to evangelize.

At this point, I'm planning on winging it with the datasets.  By late
February I will have (high on my TODO list now!) built a light-weight
Solr mechanism for bringing in MARC data, and perhaps more (iTunes
data files would make a fun one) and doing simple skinnable front-
ends on Solr.  Rails at least, but also demo the various formats that
Solr can output making it pluggable into whatever environment easily.

So, bring your MARC datasets for sure, and your favorite agile
development environment to do some quick integrations with your own
systems.

As the event nears, we'll get more specific on the technologies, data
formats, etc.  On the wiki perhaps?  Bess?

        Erik