Not the usual code4lib job posting, but I thought there might be some
interested folks on this list. Matt Gibson is the editor of this
project and I used to work with him, he's a good guy and fun to work
with. Plus, Charlottesville sure is beautiful.

Bess

> ENCYCLOPEDIA VIRGINIA, MEDIA EDITOR
>
> The Virginia Foundation for the Humanities seeks an experienced
> editor of digital media with intimate knowledge of digital
> licensing and permissions to support Encyclopedia Virginia (EV).
> The preferred candidate will have demonstrated a wide range of
> competencies that include:
>
> o     the intellectual abilities to select appropriate media to
> contextualize entries in an online reference work
>
> o     understand and implement the process of licensing and obtaining
> permissions for media not owned by the Virginia Foundation for the
> Humanities
>
> o     create new and convert legacy audio, image, and moving image
> material at appropriate standards for both preservation and online
> delivery
>
> o     edit digital audio/video files and create image derivatives for
> online publication.
>
> In order to accomplish these goals, the candidate must have an
> intellectual understanding of digital media as an educational
> resource and be capable of making independent decisions about
> appropriate material for Encyclopedia Virginia entries; understand
> copyright issues related to digital media and rely on that
> knowledge in obtaining permissions for media resources; and be
> proficient with multimedia hardware and software applications as
> well as long-term storage strategies for images, video and audio.
> To be competitive, applicants must have a Bachelor's degree in a
> humanities discipline, media, communications, or computer science;
> a Master's degree is preferred. Considerable experience in project
> management, digital media production, and content selection and
> licensing is required.
> To apply to this position a completed State of Virginia Application
> form is required.  Apply to:
>
>       University Human Resources
>       914 Emmet Street
>       P.O. Box 400127
>       Charlottesville, Virginia
>       22904-4127
>
> or access an application from our Website at http://
> www.hrs.virginia.edu. Applications may be faxed to 434-924-6911 or
> emailed to [log in to unmask]  The University of Virginia is an
> Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.

Elizabeth (Bess) Sadler
Head, Technical and Metadata Services
Digital Scholarship Services
Box 400129