Hi, everyone.

The lucene / solr pre-conference is turning out to be very popular.
We have over sixty people, and more people are joining all the time.
That is a lot of people to handle for a hands on workshop. In order
to handle this, we're going to divide into teams based on what
language you feel most comfortable using with solr. I'd also like to
ask that a couple of people volunteer to be the coordinator of each
team. If you're a coordinator, your job is to make sure you have
downloaded all the software, you have a good data set to work with,
and you've at least run through the tutorial and been able to get
some data into solr. Also, you should probably be pretty comfortable
working with your chosen programming language, and willing to help
the other folks in the group if they get stuck.

If you're attending the workshop (make sure you've registered,
please!) please visit http://www.code4lib.org/node/139 and sign up
for a team, and please indicate whether you'd be willing to act as a
coordinator. The purpose of this is to make sure we know before the
event whether we have enough coordinators for each language, and to
make sure we don't spend all our time the day of the event trying to
form groups.

Here is what we have as of the writing of this message:

Java, Perl, PHP: No one signed up yet

Team XSLT / Cocoon:

    1. Bess Sadler (coordinator)

Team Ruby / Flare:

    1. Ross Singer (coordinator)
    2. Erik Hatcher (coordinator)

Team Python:

    1. Gabe (coordinator)

Thanks!
Your friendly neighborhood ad-hoc pre-conference organizing committee