On Jan 27, 2007, at 9:29 AM, Birkin James Diana wrote:
> Cool data presentation:
>
> <http://www.nytimes.com/ref/washington/20070123_STATEOFUNION.html>
>
> Widens the 'what is possible' horizons after we're solrized by erik
> and bess.

All the info is already available for this sort of visualization.
For example, go to Collex @ NINES <http://www.nines.org/collex> and
start typing "damozel" (without the quotes) into the phrase search
box.  What pops up are terms that start with what you've types (pause
after you've typed a few characters to get the popup).  The frequency
shown in parentheses is the number of documents *within the given
constraints* that have each term.  Add some constraints and try the
experiment again.

So, the possibilities are already quite wide!

        Erik

p.s. The work with Solr + Ruby is going well.  I've got a Collex-like
interface (though not yet as pretty) already available with Solr
Flare using the underlying solrb API we're developing.  Literally,
(svn) check it out.  <http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Flare>