Hi Code4Libbers, I posted this on the Web4Lib list mistakenly last week,
and apologize for any cross post.

I am just curious to know whether there are any open source NCIP APIs
out there. I have noticed that
IndexData are doing something with NCIP:

http://ncip.indexdata.dk/

"In addition, Index Data has tools to allow the integration of
external
functionality using the NISO NCIP protocol, if relevant."
(taken from: http://www.indexdata.dk/keystone/retriever/ )

I did get a reply on the list from Joshua Ferraro of LibLime, who said
that they began development on an open source SIP2 API, which was to be
extended to NCIP functionality.  This extension to NCIP did not happen.
This SIP2 api is now in use in the EvergreenILS and soon to be used in
the Koha ILS.

See:

http://openncip.org
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openncip

I suspect that there are probably no other attempts out there, but if
anyone has any .

Thanks,

David Kane
WIT Libraries