John,

Thanks for the pointers.  I've got a fistful of links for NCIP, but I don't
think I had that one for the Implementation Group.

One problem with the existing application profiles, which I mentioned to
Ted Koppel in Nashville, is that they require support for Implementation
Profile 1, the current XML-based protocol, with no clear text indicating
how they will cope with any implementation profiles that may be created in
the future.

I'm glad to hear that I only need to create code for the services required
by the particular application profile(s) that I plan on supporting.  I do
find it a bit odd that the fairly restrictive "Self Service Unmediated
Online Circulation" profile requires more services (14) than the general
inter-agency "Circ/ILL" profile that you tell me requires 8 services.

Once all the non-technical issues surrounding this project are all lined
up, I will definitely be asking lots of questions.

- David