On Jan 11, 2007, at 12:10 PM, Andrew Darby wrote:

> Thanks Erik and Bess.  Erik:  Lamentably, your
>
> java -cp lucene-core-2.0.0.jar:lucene-demos-2.0.0.jar
> org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles src/
>
> threw the same error.

That is probably due to your environment CLASSPATH (I told you it was
trouble! :).  Remove that environment variable altogether, or set it
to blank, or at least remove all the Lucene JARs from it, and all
should be well.  B

>   I'm going to take a look at the LuceneInAction
> codebase and see if I can get it working that way.  Thanks for taking
> the time to install 2.0.0.  I don't know how I ended up with 2.0.1
> jars--they appeared when I ran ant . . . .

Oh, you built Lucene from source... that makes sense.  The version
number in the build file of a 2.0.0 release distribution is set one
version higher in the build environment - this allows us Lucene
developers to at least have a clue that the user built it themselves
(and possibly tinkered with the source code) instead of using a
binary release (helps in supporting users to know what version folks
are running).

        Erik