On Jan 17, 2007, at 3:26 PM, Andrew Nagy wrote:

> One thing I am hoping that can come out of the preconference is a
> standard XSLT doc.  I sat down with my metadata librarian to
> develop our
> XSLT doc -- determining what fields are to be searchable what fields
> should be left out to help speed up results, etc.
>
> It's pretty easy, I think you will be amazed how fast you can have a
> functioning system with very little effort.
>
> Andrew

As long as we're on the subject, does anyone want to share strategies
for syncing circulation data? It sounds like we're all talking about
the parallel systems á la NCSU's Endeca system, which I think is a
great idea. It's the circ data that keeps nagging at me, though. Is
there an elegant way to use your fancy new faceted browser to search
against circ data w/out re-dumping the whole thing every night?

Bess