On Feb 15, 2007, at 11:55 AM, Binkley, Peter wrote:
> So I don't see any problem with nominating your own stuff (as I did,
> indirectly), but I'd rather not see nominations removed - you may
> not be
> the best judge of your own stuff, after all.

+1

I updated http://code4lib.org/wiki/Code4LibBlogAnthology

> But maybe we could allow
> author's comments on the nomination list ("Please don't vote for this,
> that one's better") to guide the process. Can that wiki do tables? I'd
> like to add a wordcount column as well (people can use the FF
> wordcount
> extension) so we can get a sense of the size of the thing.

Alas, this is Sean Palmer's one-file wiki [1] meant for quick note
taking and brainstorming. It won't handle concurrent edits and
doesn't have a syntax for tables. I would suggest moving the content
to code4lib.org's drupal instance if you really want control over the
look and feel. Other people with accounts will be able to edit it. If
you do move it be sure to leave instructions on the wiki to the new
location.

I might lose a friend by suggesting this...but perhaps we could tag
things on delicious w/ say 'code4lib_anthology_2006'. This would
provide an indicator of who submitted it.

/me ducks

//Ed

[1] http://infomesh.net/pwyky/