Simmons is a III-based library. I'm in the midst of developing an
application that uses a subset of our records that I've exported via
creating a list and then pushing it into a MySQL database.

We did not purchase the XMLServer module during the time that it was
available, and so I don't have that as an option for querying our III
database.

What I'm wondering is whether Z39.50 would allow me to query our III
database and receive an item's status information. And if yes, then what the
technologies and/or steps involved would be (broadly speaking). Our III
database definitely accepts Z39.50 queries, but I've haven't made use of
this in an external application before.

The application that I'm developing uses Rails & MySQL running on a Windows
2003 Server.

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Thanks!

--