From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Daniel Chudnov
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 12:12 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Code4lib blog anthology?

On Feb 9, 2007, at 12:15 PM, Binkley, Peter wrote:

> It's probably too late for this year, but how about trying to put this

> together for next year: pick a few of the best blog entries from the
> previous year from the code4lib community, enough to fill a few dozen
> pages at least, and release them as a book on lulu.com or one of the
> other print-on-demand services.

Three thoughts:

1) cool idea!
2) why is it too late?  we could still do it for 2006.
3) we could start up a wiki page *today* with nominations for 2007's
second annual edition, and anybody could just add a link/title/author
name when they read something they like
4) should this conversation happen on code4lib-list instead of the
conference list?

(No one expects the spanish inquisition!)

5) we would definitely need to identify editors to assemble and
finalize.