I like the idea, as long as it is in an opt-in basis - which, of course,
is what is being proposed. I do, however, think that having a formal
piece of paper for speakers to read/sign would be a very good plan. Does
anyone have a draft of such a disclaimer that we can use? Personally, I
would submit to this for my lightning talk as long as the end product is
being released under an "open access" license. Personally, I'd be happy
with just about an open licenses, but would prefer the "Creative Commons
Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License"
(http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/us/). Of course, if I
have to read off the license name before my lightning talk, my talk will
be 20% shorter (which might be a good thing for audience members).

Edward

--
Edward M. Corrado
http://www.tcnj.edu/~corrado/