In our deployment of LibraryFind at Oregon State, we access III via Z39.50;
for the majority of our subscribed databases, we do the same (or use an XML
gateway, when available). For other collections, such as our Dspace and
ContentDM collections, we harvest the metadata and index it locally.

We would like to move the majority of our data sources to a local-indexing
approach, however, most of them arenąt available this way. In terms of III,
we are exploring approaches that will allow us to harvest our metadata
records from III and index them from within LF.

We donąt do any screen scraping, and donąt plan on doing any anytime soon.
Screen scraping is extremely problematic, not only from a technical
sustainability factor, but also from a legal perspective ­ many venders
prohibit screen scraping approaches in their terms of service.

-- jaf