Dear Colleagues,

I'm pleased to announce the opening of the DLF Spring Forum 2007
registration and posting of the preliminary program. Many thanks go to
the Program Committee for all their heavy lifting in pulling together a
program, and all the fine proposals we received from our community.

This Forum is unique in that the DLF Board will be meeting during a
pre-conference session, so they could position them at the heart of one
of DLF's main activities. Some of the Board Trustees will be
participating in panels and open discussion sessions, engaging DLF
Trustees and activists in a dialogue that may set the pace for the
organization as it moves forward under the leadership of Executive
Director Peter Brantley. Also, the Board would like to extend an
invitation to a special evening reception at the Huntington Library on
April 23th for good cheer, conversation, and food.