> It rained pretty hard, but I think the worst that happened is a few of us
> got a bit soaked.  I haven't heard anything yet.
>

> Jon Gorman

I locked my keys in the car as I was about to leave midday, and when I went
back to the hotel desk to call AAA, the hotel staff advised me of a tornado
watch... I had fantasies of a tornado bearing down on my poor old Civic
while it sat there in the hotel turn-around with its emergency lights
blinking. However, AAA unlocked the car (scary how fast they can do that),
the storms went northeast, and I went southeast, so all's well. NPR kept
breaking in with announcements about tornado watches in various counties,
but since I had no idea where those counties were and can't read maps well
at 80 mph, I just put my lead foot in action and kept going. The scariest
thing I saw en route to TLH was a gas station where I had more teeth than
anyone else in there combined...

Good conference, all!

Karen G. Schneider