I wasn't even at the conference (sigh), but I'm surprised that no-one
has mentioned that *electronically* signed (encrypted) forms have been
formally recognized and legalized for some time (and typed text email
has not).  Surely one of the wizards in the group knows the mechanics of
the process (PKI).  I've used it too rarely to be an instructor myself.