On Mar 23, 2007, at 4:37 PM, Laurence Finston wrote:

> This list is clearly not the place to discuss my personal situation,
> but I will say that I need to find work in order to continue working
> on this package....

I feel for your situation. Really. Not having a job or a means for
supporting computing project is stressful, to say the least. Such a
thing is one of my biggest fears. Sigh. When you say things like:

   I don't think a GUI is necessary for this package, but one
   could be written.

and

   There are a lot of free tools, libraries, etc., for some of
   the tasks involved, notably `libxml' for handling XML data
   and YAZ for accessing Z39.50 servers."

I know you are on a track others will appreciate. All I can say is
"Good luck, sincerely."

--
Eric Lease Morgan