It's not a charged issue, it's simply a harmful but entirely
unnecessary practice. For a much more eloquent explanation, see for
example

Besides, not all email clients have a reply-to-sender feature (mine -
Apple Mail - for example doesn't), but practically all have a reply-
to-all feature.

        -hilmar

On Mar 30, 2007, at 1:45 PM, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2007, at 1:40 PM, Daniel Chudnov wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 30 Mar 2007, Ross Singer wrote:
>>
>>> Well that probably didn't need to go to the whole world, but there
>>> you go.
>>
>> /me votes for turning off reply-to munging on this list.
>
> -1   - replies should go to lists.  :)   i know, i know, its a very
> charged issue, but i feel strongly that an e-mail list is about
> community and i can easily hit reply-to-sender in my mail interface
> if i want to send something privately.   and i am very aware that
> others feel strongly on the opposite side of this issue.
>
>        Erik

: Hilmar Lapp  -:-  Durham, NC  -:- hlapp at duke dot edu :