I wouldn't say harmful, unless you send sensitive information without
checking. At that point I think it's actually email that's harmful, or
anything without an undo. Neither option is ideal as someone will
likely have to change who they are sending to at least some of the
time. However, I think code4lib has mostly discussion that can be kept
on-list and probably should be. I'd rather inconvenience the few
unless there is compelling reason to inconvenience everyone.

Eby