>>> On 07/03/2007 at 7:32 pm, "David J. Fiander" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
> How about sending it to the Internet Archive?
>
> - David

That was a great idea that was also brought up before the conference,
but the license that speakers signed specifically stated "Code4Lib Web
site" as the destination place for the videos.
(<http://www.code4lib.org/files/c4lrelease.pdf>)

"""
I understand that any resulting products may be made available on the
web as part of the
Code4Lib web site, under the Creative Commons
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike
2.5 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/).
"""

I hate to be all formal and legalistic and stuff, but it would suck for
Noel to be the target of a lawsuit from a disgruntled person a few years
down the road. So, to stick with the letter of the license, we should
make the video available on code4lib.org first, then someone could
(under the CC-A-NC-SA license) repost it at the Internet Archive where
it can avoid being caught between a hammer and an anvil (*rim shot*).

Dan
--

Systems Librarian,
Bibliothèque J.N. Desmarais Library