I have written a lot of script that work in conjunction with our Virtua
system.  Most of the are designed to generate reports in ways that the
built in functionality doesn't provide.  Three ones that I developed to
actually update data include one to update patron expiration dates
(automatically based on semester enrolled to preset dates) along with
patron types, some for add/removing blocks, and one to remove fines.

Some of the reporting ones include scripts for getting circulation
counts, transaction listings for users, generating data for reports to
pass as blocks relating to fines/late books, and easier deleting of
ebrary books that have been removed.

If you want details on any of those, or want to know about any of my
other reporting ones, let me know.

Matthew Ballard
Otis College of Art and Design