On 4/20/07, Richard Wallis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Just talking about it will help, and there seems to be much more of
> that going on now.  Open conversation and open thought may well be a
> precursor to open data - we can all hope.

Well said :-) One project that didn't get mentioned and I only
stumbled on somehow (probably because I don't subscribe to the right
feeds or discussion lists) is Simon Spero's project Fred 2.0.

  http://www.ibiblio.org/fred2.0/

There's a pdf in that directory that describes what he's done--but
he's essentially pulled down all the LoC Authority data and made it
publicly available.

//Ed