That would have been NGC4LIB - copying simons email for reference:

On Feb 12, 2007, at 9:47 AM, Jonathan Rochkind wrote:

To implement the kind of interfaces we are imagining, we _need_ an
affordable source of _machine readable/processable_ 'authority' data,
including the information actually found in LC authority records, as

Reposting from the headings list:

 I just wanted to let people know that  the LCSH* are available for download
in MarcXML format at http://www.ibiblio.org/fred2.0/authorities/ .

The data are public domain within the United States, but may be copyrighted
in other countries; please check with LC if this may affect you.

The asterisk is present due to certain problems identified during validation
checks; the data were downloaded during the first weeks of december from
authorities.loc.gov, and reflect certain differences between that site and
the, authoritative authorities (that sounds so odd:).

The differences are very minor, and affect only a tiny number of records;
however, until they are brought fully in to alignment they should not be
used without verification  for submission to co-operative cataloging
programs or other in other situations where zero defects are essential.

See the README file at http://www.ibiblio.org/fred2.0/readme.pdf for more
information.

The Fred 2.0 project is dedicated to the memory of Prof. Fredrick G.
Kilgour, 1914-2006.