See
http://www.emeraldinsight.com/info/products_services/new_journals/guidelines.jsp
for how to propose a new journal with Emerald. A more traditional, though good, publisher..

See
http://www.doaj.org/doaj?func=subject&cpid=129
You all might look at this listing of open access journals in Library Science, to see who is publishing in this area; then, perhaps, the group pushing this to reality could contact some publishers about possibilities.. as Kirk used to say, "there are always.. possibilities."

Lastly, the American Society for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T),
http://www.asis.org/about.html
might be a group to consider as a possible partner? of this fledgling journal dream.

Best,
DrWeb

>>> [log in to unmask] 4/11/2007 7:35 AM >>>

You might want to listen to this podcast on Open Access journals - it might
give you some ideas on how to handle a project like this.

http://www.web2learning.net/archives/941

Nicole

On 4/11/07, Jonathan Rochkind <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I think it was this past summer that there was some energy on starting a
> 'Code4Lib journal', that seems to have died out.
[snipped]