Colleagues,

The University of Michigan Library is pleased to announce a posting for a
significant new position and a key part of our executive team.  I've pasted
the beginning of the position description below.  A full description with
application information is online at this URL:
         http://www.lib.umich.edu/hr/employment/aul.html
I'd be pleased to talk to anyone more about the position and about our
administrative group.  This is a very important position with responsibility
for significant resources.

John

========

Among other initiatives, the University of Michigan University Libraryıs
partnership with Google to digitize its collection
(http://www.lib.umich.edu/mdp/) is transforming our ability to search and
find information, as well as the practice of research and scholarship.
Across the world, libraries are at the center of a vitally important public
debate over the extent to which the promise of information technology will
be realized.  Decisions over the next several years will determine whether
people can find scholarly and cultural works, and will also determine
whether we can preserve these works for future generations.  The University
Library seeks an Associate University Librarian for Scholarly Resources (AUL
for SR) to be a national leader in this discussion and to advance scholarly
communication issues such as copyright, scholarly publication pricing,
alternative publishing models, institutional repositories, and open access.

--
John Price Wilkin
Associate University Librarian for Library Information Technology and

Phone: 734.764.8016
Fax:    734.763.5080
Email:  [log in to unmask]