On Jul 18, 2007, at 1:44 PM, Eric Lease Morgan wrote:

>> I say 'yes', as long as the archives don't expose email addresses
>> in a
>> format suitable for harvesting.
>
> Hmmm... I do not know whether or not the mailing list software
> (LISTSERV) supports the munging of addresses, nor do I know whether
> or not the archives will even be crawlable by robots. I will check.

According to our technical support folks here at Notre Dame, the
mailing list archives are not suppose to be crawlable by things like
Google, etc, but just as importantly, according to the same people,
it is not possible to munge email addresses in archives so they are
not harvestable/readable.

--
Eric Lease Morgan
University Libraries of Notre Dame