Sharon, Michael, & others --

Within the Dublin Core Metadata Initiative, the Tools Community is
working on a Tools Application Profile.  The AP is still in draft form,
and draws heavily upon the DOAP namespace referenced by Michael.
http://dublincore.org/groups/tools/map.shtml

At present, the Tools AP is largely focused on describing tools,
algorithms and software applications for working with metadata.

However, I think it is important that this work address the descriptive
requirements of applications and web-services for supporting digital
libraries, as well as being applicable to the needs of software
preservation repositories.

If anyone on this list has feedback on this draft proposal, I'd be happy
to share it with the DCMI Tools Community, and would encourage those
that are interested to join the DCMI Tools Mailing List, linked off of
the Community homepage:
http://dublincore.org/groups/tools/

-Corey

--