The Talis Library Platform
<http://www.talis.com/applications/developers/index.shtml>  is
establishing itself as a Platform to underpin library applications, and
a community of users and developers is forming around its use.  Over the
coming months there will be many announcements and events to which the
odd blog post will not do justice.

To bring these together for you, along with other items of interest, we
have launched a monthly newsletter - Talis Library Platform News. The
first issue has just been published.  Register to be notified of each
month's issue here
<http://www.talis.com/newsletters/library/index.shtml> , then go on to
read the first issue
<http://www.talis.com/newsletters/library/0707/index.shtml> .

Some of the regular and one-off features in the first issue of this
online newsletter include:

*       Featured Developer
        Ross Singer, Application Developer at Georgia Tech University
Library, relates his experiences of being one of the first to work with
the Talis Platform APIs.

*       Building a Union - A coffee time exercise?
        Can constructing a user interface to search the aggregated union
of several library's catalogues really be that simple? - Yes it can -
Richard Wallis explains how.

*       Talis Source - Openness and Sharing in action
        An established service, Talis Source is demonstrating the
massive benefits of building on a community of libraries and the open
sharing of data.

*       What is the Talis Platform?
        An overview of the new technology environment underpinning the
ecosystem that is at the core of the Talis Library Network. Ian Davis;
Talis CTO explains the semantic technologies driving the Talis Platform.

Other regulars include Podcast of the Month, and Worth Watching -
reviews of Video and Podcasting highlights from Talis.

Normally I would not use this mailing list to alert people to
developments at Talis, although I believe many subscribers are
interested in what we are doing.  I hope this single email to announce
the launch of the monthly newsletter will help those that are interested
keep up to date whilst not subjecting the list to what could be seen as
spam.

I encourage you to register
<http://www.talis.com/newsletters/library/index.shtml> , and take a look
<http://www.talis.com/newsletters/library/0707/index.shtml>  - you can
always unsubscribe at anytime.

Richard Wallis
Technology Evangelist, Talis
Tel: +44 (0)870 400 5422 (Direct)
Tel: +44 (0)870 400 5000 (Switchboard)
Tel: +44 (0)7767 886 005 (Mobile)
Fax: +44 (0)870 400 5001
  <http://www.linkedin.com/in/richardwallis>
IM: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
I-Name: =Richard.Wallis <http://public.xdi.org/=Richard.Wallis>

Find out more about Talis at  www.talis.com
Shared InnovationTM

Any views or personal opinions expressed within this email may not be those of Talis Information Ltd. The content of this email message and any files that may be attached are confidential, and for the usage of the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient, then please return this message to the sender and delete it. Any use of this e-mail by an unauthorised recipient is prohibited.

Talis Information Ltd is a member of the Talis Group of companies and is registered in England No 3638278 with its registered office at Knights Court, Solihull Parkway, Birmingham Business Park, B37 7YB.