http://demo.openlibrary.org/about/jobs

The response to the Open Library demo site
(http://demo.openlibrary.org/) has been fantastic and we're looking
for new programmers and managers to help take our librarianship to the
next level. The library site consists of three major components: a web
application and backend, built and managed by our own Anand
Chitipothu, a search engine, run by Paul Rubin, and the import and
management of library data, up to now run by Daniel Giffin. Daniel's
leaving us for the world of academia, so we're looking for people to
take his place and help us with our data management side.

Tasks include: working with our chief librarian, Karen Coyle, to
implement algorithms to do data merging and other processing tasks;
writing scrapers and crawlers to grab various data sources; writing
importers to parse this data into something that can be imported into
our database; and managing all the people who want to help us with
these tasks.

Positions available are full-time and part-time. Previous experience
with book data is a plus, but mainly we want people with good
management skills and decent hacking ability. Telecommuting is an
option.

If you're interested, send your bona fides to [log in to unmask]

Thanks!