Hi Folks -

So, I think many valid issues have been raised, especially Dan's and Karen's
in regards to longevity and exit strategy, and long-term hosting of
code4lib.org needs to be thought out carefully. But instead of delving into
that at the moment,  I'm starting a new thread here, because I personally
have an immediate need for the site to be back up, and I believe we can do
that outside the bounds of the long-term discussion.

What I would like to propose is that we decide today how to get the site
back up for the short term and where it can live during that time. Since
there needs to be more extended discussion for planning out the long-term
location of the site, I am fairly certain that there will need to be a
migration of the site to its long-term home no matter where it is brought
back up to now.

So, to that effect, here's what I think the current options are:

1) Get it back up on anvil
2) Get it up on Dan's Machine
3) Put it up here at OSU

I'm not pushing any of these immediate solutions - I just want the site back
up. So, are there any other options to deal with our immediate issue, or can
we do a quick (by 3 PM EST, say) vote on the above and get moving on
bringing the site back up?

-- jaf

Jeremy Frumkin
The Gray Chair for Innovative Library Services
121 The Valley Library, Oregon State University
Corvallis OR 97331-4501

541.737.9928
541.737.3453 (Fax)
541.230.4483 (Cell)
" Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing. "
- Emerson