I totally agree.  I had always wished to have a place on code4lib for people to share snippets of code.  A marc library, or an xslt doc, etc.

The code that runs the pear.php.net repository site is open source.  I think it would be neat to have a code repository like pear/cpan where we can all share code snippets and documentation for the code.

Andrew