>> http://www.worldcat.org/issn/00253154

This link brings up an article record, apparently from ArticleFirst.
(FYI, worldcat.org is including results from the GPO, ArticleFirst,
Medline and ERIC databases -- I just found that out now.)

On 9/4/07, Jonathan Rochkind <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Would that ISSN assigned to a record that's really for an article not
> for a title be considered bad data? Are you supposed to have an ISSN on
> such a record?

In the ArticleFirst database, the ISSN of the source journal is
recorded as a "standard number".  It makes sense within an article
database to include the ISSN as an unambiguous reference to the source
journal.

But I agree that it makes absolutely no sense to deliver this single
article record in response to the URL above.  I'm sure OCLC would
agree, too...  So, Jonathan, I'd suggest reporting this via the
"feedback" link at the bottom of the worldcat.org page.  Hopefully
they can correct this odd behaviour (while it's still in "beta").

Keith