I'm messing with SRU search of http://indexdata.dk/opencontent/oaister

I have some behavior I can't explain. There's this article that is in
OAISter, called ""Resurrection and Appropriation: Reputational
Trajectories, Memory Work, and the Political Use of Historical Figures"
by "Robert S. Jensen".

I do an SRU search with query:
dc.title = "Resurrection and Appropriation: Reputational Trajectories,
Memory Work, and the Political Use of Historical Figures"
And I find the record, one hit. Good. You too could try, and see what
the DC returned looks like. It does have a dc:creator of Robert S. Jensen.

But I try a search that includes the author.
dc.title = "Resurrection and Appropriation: Reputational Trajectories,
Memory Work, and the Political Use of Historical Figures" and dc.creator
= "Jensen"

0 hits.
and cql.serverChoice = "Jensen"    => 0 hits

Same using full name "Robert S. Jensen" (just as it appears in the
record), with cql.serverChoice or dc.creator.

Is this just a bad index, or is something else going on, or what?  As I
try sample searches on title and author, I keep running into false
negatives for things that ought to be in the OAISter index. Sometimes I
can figure out why (title not quite right; title has curly quotes, index
does not, etc.), but in this case I have no idea. But the net result is
it's hard to actually find your known item this way, via an automated
search on known item metadata.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Rochkind