I have a presentation coming up and I'm considering doing what I'm calling a
"Library Software Manifesto". Some of the following may not be completely
understandable on the face of it, and I would be explaining the meaning
during the presentation, but this is what I have so far and I'd be
interested in other ideas this group has or comments on this. Thanks,
Roy

Consumer Rights

- I have a right to use what I buy
- I have a right to the API if I've bought the product
- I have a right to accurate, complete documentation
- I have a right to my data
- I have a right to not have simple things needlessly complicated

Consumer Responsibilities

- I have a responsibility to communicate my needs clearly and specifically
- I have a responsibility to report reproducible bugs in a way as to
facilitate reproducing it
- I have a responsibility to report irreproducible bugs with as much detail
as I can provide
- I have a responsibility to request new features responsibly
- I have a responsibility to view any adjustments to default settings
critically