Roy, WRT "I have a right to the API if I've bought the product", would
it be useful to add, maybe as a subpoint, "I have a right to implement
the API in an open source product even if I've signed an NDA dealing
with that API"? I understand vendor's (perceived) need for non
disclosure statements, but one barrier to integrating vendor black boxes
is not being able to proliferate their secret APIs.

Mark

--
Mark Jordan
Head of Library Systems