Hello again,

as mentioned in my previous post about SOLR I want to learn at least
some JAVA basics.
I have some programming background, including object orientated
programming. So I don't need stuff like "what is a variable" or "what is
inheritance" but I have never written a single line of JAVA code.

If possible I would like to combine this learning with some introduction
to eclipse. It has the advantage that I could do all my development work
with it (since there are also plugins for Perl, HTML and what you can
think of) but all I found on Eclipse was for developers with a JAVA
background. So it would be ideal to learn both in one go...

Any suggestions for books or online resources?

Thanks
-Michael