Thanks for providing your input Carl. I think is very good to get  the
thoughts on this issue form someone with your background. For those who
haven't read it, even though it is a couple years old, I'd recommend
reading the article that Carl Grant and Rolad Dietz published in Library
Journal back in June 2005 on "The Dis-Integrating World of Library
Automation." It is available at:
http://www.libraryjournal.com/article/CA606392.html

Edward

--