A couple of thoughts having just returned from DLF and RubyConf

In today's world I would much sooner buy software with a 100% converage
test harness and no documentation than the other way around.  So as a
"right"  I would suggest you include
-- I have a right to software with an open test harness
And that would be something that that I could use to verify my fiddlings
with the API do not break something.
And maybe I'm being pedantic but Consumer Rights 1 and 4 seem like the
self evident truths that I can accept as rights but that 2, 3 and 5 (and
mine) do not.  While their value I would not dispute, I'd call them
non-negotiable demands, ones worthy of a solidarity union amongst
libraries to enforce (and I am pretty sure it would take at least that
to attain them).
I would not be willing to suggest that developers be denied the right to
offer software for sale that does not open the API but I would accept
that they not be allowed to sell software that denies me my data.
And as a former developer of ILS systems I would add to this to the
consumer responsibilities
-- I have a responsibility to the community to use, produce and enhance
open source software whenever I can.
I think its the fastest path to realization of the rights
-chick

--
Chick Markley
Software Architect