I also saw Roy's presentation and thought it was timely, good and very appropriate. Anyone who knows of the history of the Dynix customer's knows that most of the people at the conference fell on the spectrum of being jaded at best and angry at worst. Roy's talk was open, honest, and fair...and radical. I hope SirsiDynix is listening. I saw most of Tim Spalding's talk also and it was well recieved and he did a great job. It was funny, he did his LibraryThing show and then probably 4 or 5 people in the room who had recently bought LibraryThing for libraries starting actively participating in the presentation telling everyone else how easy and awesome his product is...no doubt it made his job easier. Kudos to the both of you and thanks.
Mike

________________________________

From: Code for Libraries on behalf of Tim Spalding
Sent: Thu 11/8/2007 4:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Library Software Manifesto

I just saw Roy's presentation, and it was good. Faced with a restive
but not radicalized audience of SD customers, Roy moved the issue
another couple yards toward what most members of Code4Lib believe and
want, but without any harshness or rancor.

But those of us who are angrier than Roy need to keep it up, so Roy's
mellow but essentially radical vision becomes the "safe" alternative!
;)

Tim

--
Check out my library at http://www.librarything.com/profile/timspalding