The Position

LAC is seeking a contract Graphic Designer to redesign the look and feel
of the web site of our client, Marin County Free Library (MCFL). MCFL is
a large public library that serves unincorporated areas of Marin County,
as well as participating cities within the County. The library system
has 11 branches and provides our patrons with library materials (books,
DVDs, CDs, etc.) and credible answers to questions.

The current web site, http://www.co.marin.ca.us/depts/LB/main/index.cfm
<http://www.co.marin.ca.us/depts/LB/main/index.cfm> , is hosted on the
County's server and utilizes a look and feel determined by County
designers. Our client at MCFL has decided that this arrangement does not
adequately serve their patrons, nor does it properly brand their
organization. The Graphic Designer will play a key role in their larger
project that will completely overhaul the existing site and move us into
a new hosting environment that utilizes a Content Management System
(CMS).

Responsibilities

The Graphic Designer will only be responsible for developing the look
and feel of the site. Upon completion of the design process, the
designer will deliver a completed design in layered Photoshop files that
their Developer will then use for production of the site. No programming
will be required. This is not a Web development contract. Our client at
MCFL does, however, request that the Graphic Designer be available to
answer occasional questions during the development process.

Qualifications

The individual we engage should meet the following requirements:

*       Possess formal education in the area of graphic design,
including upper division coursework in the subject from an accredited
institution. A bachelors degree in Graphic Design is highly preferred.
*       A minimum of three years of experience designing web sites
*       Experience working within the framework of a formal creative
process
*       Good time and project management skills
*       Good verbal and written communications skills
*       The ability to optimize a design to work with current HTML and
CSS best practices
*       Experience designing for CMS-powered or dynamically-generated
sites.
*       Expert level knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
*       Creativity, enthusiasm, and originality

Additional consideration will be given to:

*       Designers with experience working with government, educational,
or non-profit organizations
*       Designers who can clearly articulate the function and importance
of public libraries

Upon completion of the Web site design, our client will require layouts
for the following:

*       A homepage
*       Regular secondary and tertiary drilldowns for most page
*       Secondary and tertiary drilldowns for kid's pages
*       Secondary and tertiary drilldowns for teen's pages
*       Secondary and tertiary drilldowns for historical archive's pages

During the initial design phase, the designer will develop three
distinct concepts for the site. At that point they only expect the
designer to develop the homepage, and regular drilldowns. Once a concept
is selected, they will ask the designer to develop the children's,
teens', and historical archives section based upon their selection and
initial revision requests. Once these designs are completed, there will
be two additional rounds of revisions to fine-tune the designs.

To Apply

Please provide LAC with the following:

*         A current resume listing education and work experience

*         A portfolio of previous web design work, including 1-2 case
studies describing your client's initial requirements, the process you
used to steer the project, and how your design solution addressed your
client's actual needs

*         2-3 references from previous clients

*         Compensation expectations (ranges are acceptable)

Please email Keith Gurtzweiler, [log in to unmask]

Patty De Anda

Communications Coordinator

Library Associates Companies

8383 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 355
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
800 987 6794 toll free
323 302 9439 local
323 852 1093 fax
www.libraryassociates.com
<blocked::/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.libraryassociates.com/>

The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged,
confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail
the sender.