Hi,

Since Django is are already in the Python space, you might consider
using Zope as a storage backend and application server. Zope provides an
object database which is easier to work with than object-relational
mapping. It will probably speed up your development time and allow you
to focus on what really matters, the domain, instead of the technical details.

Regards,
Ewout